Welcome to the Hickory Aviation Museum, located at the Hickory Regional Airport (HKY) in Hickory, North Carolina. We are a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Tax Exempt Organization. Donations are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Tues – Fri: 10am - 3pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun: 1pm - 4pm
There is no charge for admission for individuals or tour groups.
Visit our calendar to learn more about holiday closures and special events.
Planning Your Visit
- If traveling long distance, please email or call ahead to ensure that the museum is open, especially if planning a visit on a holiday or if weather might be an issue.
- After hour visits can be accommodated usually if prior arrangements are made, please call or email at least one week in advance to request.
- Reservations are not required unless arriving with a group of more than 10 people. Please fill out a tour request form obtainable from the website as early as possible to ensure adequate staffing. If it is a family outing, no request is needed, however if a school, civic, or community group, please fill out a tour request form.
- The ramp where the aircraft are parked will be closed in bad weather situations such as high winds or thunderstorms. Visitors can still tour our exhibits inside of the airport terminal building.
- There is no charge for admission for visitors or for tour groups! Donations are always welcome and greatly appreciated, 100% of which goes right back into the museum to maintain our aircraft and artifacts.
- Pets are always welcome to visit and must be on a leash at all times. Remember that we are next to an active runway and if there is noise sensitivity, the animal is welcome inside the museum. Pets are not allowed inside of the Crosswind Café.
- Picnic tables are available outside to use and there are ample tables inside the terminal. Feel free to bring your own food or enjoy lunch at the Crosswind Café located inside of the terminal. Menu and pricing are subject to change.
Museum Gift Shop
The Gift Shop is open any time the museum is open and is located inside the terminal building.
We accept various forms of payment to include cash, charge, debit card, Google Pay. We are unable to do online sales at this time.
Visitors to the Hickory Aviation Museum may also enjoy dining at the Crosswind Café, conveniently located on the Terminal Ramp in the Hickory Regional Airport.
Visit the Crosswind Café website to learn more about the latest cafe hours and preview the menu online. Menu and pricing are subject to change.
Map & Directions
The Hickory Aviation Museum is located at the Hickory Regional Airport in the Phil Yount Terminal Building on the left side as you enter airport property.
GPS Address: 3101 9th Ave Dr NW, Hickory, NC 28601
Using Highway 321S From Boone NC, approximately 45 miles/1:30 minutes:
Take Highway 321S to Hickory. Turn right onto Clement Blvd NW. Turn right at stop sign onto 9th Avenue NW. Turn left into Hickory Regional Airport, museum is located at the far end of the parking lot in the former airport terminal building on the left. There is ample parking for cars, trucks, RV’s and trailers.
Using Highway 321N from I-40E/W Exit 123A and B (10 miles/10 minutes) and I-85N/S Exit 17A and B (40 miles/45 minutes):
Take Highway 321N to Hickory. Turn left onto Clement Blvd NW. Turn right at stop sign onto 9th Avenue NW. Turn left into parking lot at Hickory Regional Airport, museum is located at the far end of the parking lot in the former airport terminal building on the left. There is ample parking for cars, trucks, RV’s and trailers.
Hickory Regional Airport (HKY) information is readily available via the airport's website, here: https://www.hickorync.gov/airport.
Contact the tower to request to park your aircraft on the transient ramp next to the museum aircraft. There is a fuel pump available here. If additional services are available or if flying in a large aircraft, park on the ramp by the FBO and walk across the parking lot to the museum.